14 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free
Drainage System's Can Clog At Any Time Without Any Regard For Your Schedule. This can possibly lead to hazardous situations such as flooding, air pollution and leakage because of stagnant water that collects in the drain. Regular maintenances can avert this nightmare.
Anything from a build - up of debris, grease, tree roots or other small obstructions can lead to drain blockage. Blockage of drains can occur in the main lines of your drains or in your home.
If You Stay Faithful To These Fourteen Rules, You Can Help Stop Your Drains From Blocking
1. You can use a plunger to clear minor blockage.
2. Remove the stoppers in the bathtub and clean out your drain a couple times a week. Make sure to wash the stopper itself before putting it back.
3. If Hair Loss Is Something You Are Going Through, Make Sure That The Plug Has No Mesh When You Wash Your Hair In The Sink Or Tub. The same way you do no not allow food fall into the kitchen sink is the same way you should prevent hair from going into your pipes.
4. Consider brushing out hair before getting in the shower to cut down on drain clogging caused by loose hair.
5. Get grates installed over each drain in your house by hiring a plumber to do it. Do Not Use Corrosive Bacteriological Drain Cleaners On Your Drains.
6. Prevent root intrusion in your drainage system by planting trees and flowers away from your pipework.
7. Sign an annual contract with a drainage company. The good thing about this is, they perform occasional drainage inspections and maintenance services on your drainage system. Bristol Drainage in Bristol can offer a competitive deal in maintenance services. Let your family know about the upsides to maintaining your household's drainage system.
8. Steer clear of chemical cleaners. Since they are corrosive, they will gradually eat away at your pipes.
9. Don't Throw Stuff Into Your Drain. Don't throw stuff into it.
10. Do not pour the following down the drain cosmetics, medicine, condoms, hair, gum, rice, meat, coffee, fat, oil and grease.
11. Basically, only water should be going down your sink drain for your toilet drain, nothing but water, urine, and faeces.
12. As A Practical Technique; Use A Straightened Wire Coat Hanger With A Hooked End, And Slide It Into The Drain Hole. extract Debris And Similar Blockages From Your Drains.
13. Occasionally, pour some hot salty water into your sink to dissolve any accumulating grease in your drains.
14. This is not a comprehensive list, as there are many other things you can do to maintain your drainage system. Ensure you do not use any acid based solutions.
If you are having issues with your drainage system and you have tried all the aforementioned tips but to no avail and are not in a contract with a drainage company, don't apply too much force to your drain, as that can lead to damages you, of course, want to avoid. Instead, you should get in touch with a plumber. For residents in the Bristol area, Bristol Drainage are the perfect solution to all your drainage system needs.